Graphic Designer, Creative Services (12 month term)
Posted/Last Revised: 10th Jan, 2020
- Canadian Western Bank
- Educational Req.
We’re looking for a top-notch designer that meets these criteria:
- An under-graduate degree or diploma holder preferably in graphic design, digital media, art and design or related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- A professional with a minimum of 5 years graphic design experience with a strong focus on marketing and advertising communications.
- Experienced in producing high quality visual communications on multiple platforms including print, digital, web and social media. Experience with the latest digital and social advertising formats, as well as other emerging technologies, is an asset.
- Passionate and able to extend marketing concepts into design solutions that translate successfully across print and digital platforms.
- A champion of brand standards, always delivering consistent and accurate results.
- Working knowledge of print production methods and pre-press requirements.
- A practiced contributor who is able to approach complex business communication needs with creative visual communications solutions. You have very strong attention to detail and a highly developed ability to think strategically.
- A multitasker with strong organization and time-management skills who is able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- A communicator, collaborator and creator; able to successfully build and maintain relationships across the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, After Effects and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Premier Pro an asset.
- Contact Name
- Angela Saveraux
- Closing Date
- Jan. 21, 2020
Do you have experience designing ads and high-quality marketing communications? Use your broad skill set in advertising design to create print and digital graphics to support CWB’s marketing and communications activities. You will follow creative work from concept to pre-press and post-production, aligning the assets you create with our brand and messaging. Customer focus and relationship management are top asks as you support your assigned client portfolio.
If you’re a strong collaborator, communicator and relationship-builder looking to gain strong experience with an exciting group of professionals, we want to hear from you! Though this opportunity is starting as a twelve month term, there is possibility of extension and/ or permanency in future.
Apply now! Note that all applications must include portfolio samples (link or included in resume) demonstrating animation and motion graphic experience.
What you will do:
- Play an integral role in the Creative Services team, preparing and presenting creative design solutions in support of your key client, Marketing & Client Experience.
- Work closely with the Creative Services Manager and Client Solutions team to establish objectives and timelines for multiple campaign projects. Your responsibilities will include design and implementation of all deliverables for both print and digital advertising.
- Manage personal production schedule for visual communications design and delivery.
- Liaise with external print and media partners to ensure deliverables meet required specifications and to ensure accuracy, brand standards, and general quality assurance.
- Source and purchase photography for use, as required, and apply all digital post processing requirements/manipulations. Utilize corporate and stock photography according to visual identity standards.
- Manage and file all visual assets according to Creative Services file management procedures and file naming conventions.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Creative Services team to review and assess collateral produced in-house and externally with the intent to inspire new ideas, exercise quality control as a team and ensure integrity of the CWB Financial Group brand.
- Play a key role on the Creative Services team to:
- Analyse and interpret client requirements for visual communications (design and production) needs.
- Ensure requests are complete with all necessary requirements and according to specified budget.
- For any mid-large impact request, work collaboratively with clients to capture project requirements and client expectations in a Creative Brief.
- Complete requests ensuring deadlines are met as per SLA.
- Seek support from other CS team members where capacity/timing limits their ability to deliver on client requests.
- Present clients with opportunities to make decisions on cost pain points, and offer viable alternate solutions.