Junior / Intermediate Website Designer
Posted/Last Revised: 14th Dec, 2021
- Pixel Army
- Edmonton, AB
- 45,000 - 60,000
- Contact Name
- Kevin Labbe
- Contact Phone
- (780) 428-8089
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 1, 2022
Pixel Army is seeking a Junior / Intermediate Website Designer for our design studio based in Edmonton, AB to create exceptional websites for our clients. We work with businesses of all sizes representing a wide range of industries. Every day is a new challenge – a new opportunity to find unique solutions for unique requirements. We operate as a small and collaborative team, where every voice is heard and every opinion is welcomed. We aim to foster an inclusive & diverse environment where communication, personal growth and professional development are encouraged.
Our team is primarily working remotely due to the pandemic and do anticipate remaining in this structure for the time being. With that being said, preference will be given to those in the Edmonton area as in-person or hybrid working models evolve.
You will be creating website layouts and design assets working alongside a project manager and creative lead to ensure that design prototypes are on-message, compliant with clients’ branding & style guidelines and follow user experience best practices. Our PMs work closely with our clients to arrange the necessary information for you to ensure the project is successful. This means that they will act as a bridge between you and the client to collect, organize and present their current challenges, goals & objectives and inspiration for a new website. It will be your task to transform that knowledge into a digital experience that captivates attention.
To be successful you will need to have a background in web design with a strong focus on usability and information architecture, have excellent technical knowledge of design programs, specifically the Adobe Creative Suite, and show strong UX design skills with a keen eye for the details. You will be organized and a great communicator with a talent for working within deadlines.
What you will accomplish together with us.
• Create webpage layouts and designs within our custom framework in support of client’s branding & marketing campaigns with a focus on usability and performance that will guide our development processes.
• Bring innovation, creativity and freshness to our designs while staying on top of trends in the industry.
• Use our project management system to effectively manage work from start to finish.
• Work under limited supervision, taking ownership & responsibility of projects.
• Work cooperatively in a team environment; participate in project planning sessions with creative leads & project managers.
• Meet changing deadlines, manage multiple projects in parallel, balance shifting priorities and focus on solutions to improve quality and efficiency as projects progress.
• Although the focus here is on digital design for web, the ability to step in and support brand design and social content design is a huge plus.
• Always helping us improve. You’ll work alongside our Project Management and Operations teams to continuously improve our process, become more efficient and increase the quality of our work.
What we are looking for.
• Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to interpret & handle feedback changes with accuracy in a prompt manner
• Strong verbal & written communication skills and the ability to use criticism as a tool to improve quality
• Driven to be part of a unified team and a quickly-growing company
• Love working and collaborating with like-minded individuals
• General knowledge of website frameworks
• Understand the ‘why’ behind design and not just the appearance
What we require.
• Certificate or diploma in design, or commensurate work experience
• 1-3+ years of proven experience in professional design, preferably in a business-to-business environment
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac computing environment, including XD, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Demonstrated proficiency in UX design and web accessibility principles
• Proven understanding of design layout including, layers, stylesheets, fonts, color profiles/palettes, etc.
• High level of personal initiative, accountability and follow-through
What we offer.
Pixel Army’s ambition is to build a productive, supportive, inclusive environment for our team members to learn, grow and challenge themselves on a daily basis. This is a full-time, salaried position that is currently remote for the foreseeable future due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We offer a compensation page that includes a competitive salary, benefits package, vacation & flexible personal time as well as adjustable start & end times to your days. PA embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Please provide a link to your design portfolio in your cover letter or resume.
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants and their interest in joining our team at Pixel Army, we will contact individuals whom we would like to connect with for an interview.