Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Posted/Last Revised: 27th Jul, 2021
- University Hospital Foundation
- Educational Req.
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or public relations, but we will also consider equivalencies.
- Three to five (3-5) years working in a similar role
- Proficiency using social media platforms and management tools (Certifications with Google, Twitter Flight School or Facebook Blueprint considered a plus)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud an asset
- Contact Name
- Jessica Bernat
- Contact Phone
- (780) 718-7602
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Aug. 10, 2021
The University Hospital Foundation (UHF) believes in the power of generosity to save and change lives. The UHF raises funds to ensure patients at the University of Alberta Hospital, the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute and the Kaye Edmonton Clinic have access to the latest advancements in medical technology and innovative patient care. As a result of very generous individuals and community support, we have raised more than $332 million in gross revenue over the last 10 years to support patient care, advanced technology and clinical research.
If you have a keen interest in being a part of the future of healthcare in Alberta, please consider applying today!
The University Hospital Foundation is proud to have achieved Imagine Canada accreditation and High Performer status in both the “High Performer: Overall” and “High Performer: Teaching Hospital” categories from the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy. This recognition demonstrates UHF’s commitment to applying our mission – to advance excellence – to our governance, daily operations and financial integrity. In addition UHF is proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers in 2021, which recognizes employers that lead their industry in offering exceptional places to work and forward-thinking HR practices.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator collaborates with all departments of the University Hospital Foundation and represents UHF to the general public. You are a self-starter who enjoys a challenge, you have a passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and management tools. You have strong copywriting and editing skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will work collaboratively with our marketing and communications team and development team to create bold, innovative and engaging creative solutions that can be measured and tracked for success. This role offers an incredible opportunity to broaden your skill set and join an enthusiastic team of storytellers who are passionate about transforming health in Alberta.
- Oversee the planning, monitoring, and posting of UHF’s organic social media channels (and Festival of Trees)
- Coordination of integrated marketing and communications initiatives
- Create and execute on marketing and communications plans
- Support the marketing and communications needs for UHF’s signature events
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal, external stakeholders, and agencies
Marketing and Communications Coordination and Team Collaboration
- Work with the marketing & communications team to develop integrated marketing and communications plans to support UHF’s strategic priorities and build affinity for the brand
- Contribute to the development of marketing and communications plans for UHF’s signature events (Festival of Trees, Heart Pledge Day and Virtual Expeditions) and develop and maintain a critical path, plan, and checklist to ensure deadlines are met
- Contribute to the planning and execution of Full House Lottery (FHL), including attending meetings, reviewing creative and ensuring UHF’s print and digital channels are up to date with FHL messaging
- Make sure that all promotional and marketing materials align with UHF’s brand identity
- Support the development and execution of UHF’s digital marketing strategy
- Proactively manage, update and provide strategic input on UHF’s WordPress websites and digital fundraising platforms
- Proactively manage, update and coordinate in-hospital signage
- Attend, schedule and coordinate professional photo and video shoots as required and maintain accurate records
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor to help achieve fundraising, community-building and donor stewardship goals
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within a complex stakeholder environment including Alberta Health Services, the University of Alberta and the University of Alberta Hospital Site
Social Media Coordination
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy for the UHF and Festival of Trees
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends and utilize social media management tools (Hootsuite, Facebook Ads Manager, contesting etc.)
- Develop and curate engaging content for a variety of social media platforms
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content and maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
- Attend events and cheque presentations and produce live social media content as required
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team and internal stakeholders to create and maintain a social media calendar
- Engage with our online community and respond to messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Assist in the development and management of paid digital marketing and influencer marketing strategy
- Research new tools, technologies and platforms to reach new audiences for UHF and look for ways to continuously improve the digital donor experience
Reporting and Evaluation
- Manage and report on a monthly and weekly social media content calendar
- Create, execute and report on targeted organic social media plans for events and campaigns
- Measure and report on KPI’s such as web traffic, social followers, engagement, conversions, donor acquisition, etc.
- Track marketing expenses and invoices: categorize, log, approve, and submit as required
- Prepare invoices for approvals and processing
- Book meetings, coordinate calendars
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional degree of professionalism
- Exceptional flexibility with proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills; professional writing and editing of correspondence
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present ideas and communication plans clearly and articulately to key audiences
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must be able to work both independently with minimal supervision and as an integral part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships
- Understanding of mainstream and digital media with the ability to work with graphic designers, photographers, videographers and other creative services partners
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in representing UHF
- A problem solver with strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Bold, resourceful, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, tactful – and likes to have fun!
- Able to work outside regular hours to support UHF events
- Stay apprised of industry trends and best practices in marketing, communications, and project management
- Full Time, Permanent
- Competitive compensation + Performance-based bonus
To apply for this posting, please follow the link below to upload your cover letter and resume into one document. You will also be asked to complete a Culture Index Survey, which will help us to get to know you better and assess your fit for this position. We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date for this posting is August 10, 2021 at 5:00pm