Marketing Communications and Media (Exciting opportunity promoting a multi-brand tech company)
Posted/Last Revised: 6th Jan, 2020
- Pleasant Solutions
- Educational Req.
- Masterful English skills.
- A deep appreciation of the psychology that goes behind convincing writing and publicity.
- Passionate about writing.
- Can be very convincing and exciting within your writing.
- Get deeply involved with challenges and will persevere at length to achieve victory.
- Takes pride in work.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities and we accept that some candidates might be new to a couple of the areas we have mentioned.
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience in sales writing.
- Previous experience in communications for a technology company.
- Contact Name
- Kendra Munger
- Contact Phone
- (780) 463-8875
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 30, 2020
Not your everyday communications position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and with great variety. A job you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month is different.
- Marketing communications writer.
- Other Positions: We are also hiring for other positions (graphic designer, ux designer, digital advertising specialist, marketing project manager, business analyst, front-end developers, and more). You may apply for multiple positions separately. If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about our position list at careers.pleasantsolutions.com.
- Part time positions during office-hours and part time specialist positions (such as publicist stunt expert or event planners) will also be considered.
- Full time and permanent.
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Most projects will be focused on achieving noticeably remarkable and portfolio-worthy results for our 5+ technology brands, although occasionally projects simply need to be done reasonably in a short timeframe.
- Gain valuable career experience with campaigns from mature departments to early stage start-up departments, and from patented disruptive products to more routine competitive sectors.
- Does not involve an endless, boring, stream of responding to incoming letters, time-crunched low quality communications, communicating the exact same event over and over again, or extremely rigid corporate communications.
- Generally, you will get a variety of four types of work, as listed below.
- First is marketing focused writing such as web site text, video scripts, brochures, and portfolio case studies. This involves clearly relaying what a product is about in sales collateral, why a potential customer should buy from us on our website, why its better than the competition, or why an industry should care in the case of press releases.
- Second is edgy advertising scripts and long-form blog posts, the kind that our in-house video production crew can turn into share-worthy advertisements that evoke emotion or that captivate readers.
- Thirdly, miscellaneous communications such as internal and external speech-writing for our executives, editing high-value email communications, internal training documents for various departments, etc.
- Fourth is assisting the sales team with the marketing elements of their sales proposals and building up a library of snippits for them to use.
- For the candidates that are interested in it, assist the media relations person with publicity generation in local as well as national media or on social media content. If you want this to be one of your top tasks, apply for our media position at careers.pleasantsolutions.com instead.
- Gain further experience with both small short-term and large long-term endeavours.
- Gain experience with wordsmithing user interfaces for software products to assist our UX designers.
- High end equipment to work with (dual monitors with a 30” monitor, whatever keyboard or mouse you want us to buy, etc).
- Collaborate with our marketing project manager, graphic designer, UX designers, executives, and sales personnel.
- Engage in constructive debate to challenge your writing; standing up for your choices, while being willing to use respectful criticism, with or without the sugar coating, to iterate into even better results.
- Environment allows for some privacy at your workstation as well as time to concentrate without distractions when you need it.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more 🙂
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, electronics manufacturing, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers
- Even if you don’t have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers site.