Marketing Coordinator (Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre)
Posted/Last Revised: 7th Oct, 2019
- Contact Name
- Nivedita Kunjur
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Oct. 20, 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support to Marketing Plan and Marketing Budget: Gathers information and supporting data for, as well as drafts elements of, the Marketing Plan and Marketing Budget for the shopping centre, in order to support planning of marketing activities for the shopping centre.
- Special Events and Exhibits: Proposes, plans and coordinates exhibits, special and seasonal events in the shopping centre which are a part of the Marketing Plan and Marketing Budget, in order to increase foot traffic in the shopping centre. Drafts communications, and reports for all marketing programs and events to effectively communicate plans, upcoming events and deliverables/impact of the marketing function for key stakeholders.
- Marketing Materials and Supplies: Purchases, upon approval, maintains, and distributes relevant marketing materials and supplies (e.g. fliers, posters, other signage, seasonal decorations, etc.) in order to effectively support marketing activities of the shopping centre.
- Communication with Stakeholders: Maintains effective and on-going communication with the shopping centre’s management, operations and security to ensure that the guest services team are well-informed at all times on new store openings, store relocations and closures as well as centre promotions and events to better serve centre’s guests and visitors.
- Website / Social Content Management: Proactively promotes events, tenant promotions and other timely content updates across multiple social media channels and Bonnie Doon Website. Creates, schedules and posts content on all platforms. Sets up and maintains new social media channels as required to meet business objectives. Oversees social media accounts’ layout. Generates monthly reports of social media analytics and engagement.
- Tenant Coordination: Communicates and coordinates shopping centre marketing events and plans with current tenants to identify co-branding opportunities and seek out participation in special offers and other shopping centre programs.
- Support to Customer Service: Assists, as required, Guest Services desk operations in the shopping centre to ensure consistent first-class customer service is always provided to the shopping centre’s customers. Oversees the Gift Card/Certificate Program for the center including staff training, daily, weekly and monthly reporting, inventory control of valuables, supplies and equipment, and arrangement for repairs of equipment, as required to ensure that the Gift Card/Certificate Program is effective, financially sound and adds value for the tenants and guests. Leads the centre’s Lost & Found Program; works closely with Specialty Leasing and Specialty Leasing functions providing support to the center-wide promotions, events, and temporary tenancies, as required. Supervises the centre’s guest services team including maintaining sufficient staffing levels through recruitment and selection, scheduling, staff training and development, staff motivation and goal setting, monitoring and enforcing adherence to procedures, policies and practices, payroll and timesheet submission as well as promotion of teamwork and motivation to ensure that the center exceeds customer expectations of consistent and added-value customer service standards
- Customer Relations Monitors customer satisfaction levels to ensure client concerns and questions are being addressed and resolved on a timely basis and in a professional manner; completes and follows up on guest reports or complaints, when required; provides status reports to center management on key issues and status of the function, as required; tracks statistics of usage of Guest Services function in terms of guests served, sales and rentals etc.; assists in the development and implementations of new programs, policies, procedures and services to improve client satisfaction across the center.
Any other job-related duties and/or projects as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- College Diploma in related field (e.g. Marketing, Public Relations, etc) or equivalent
- Strong computer skills in relevant platforms/programs (e.g. Microsoft Office, digital media programs, etc.)
- Experience working on Social Media Campaigns
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good presentation skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous retail or real estate marketing experience is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1 905- 281-3800.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Marketing Coordinator: 3 years (Preferred)