Posted/Last Revised: 20th Nov, 2018
- NorQuest College
- $59,380 - $77,106 per year
- Contact Name
- Farah Akhtar
- Closing Date
- Dec. 16, 2018
BRAND & MARKETING DEVELOPMENT
Do you thrive in a transforming environment where you inspire, enrich and engage students, staff, and the community? If so, the Brand & Market Development (BMD) team is looking for you! With the right plan, the right people, strong processes and a renewed sense of purpose, we’re moving NorQuest forward.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Marketing, the Marketing Specialist provides a comprehensive range of marketing support and services for internal clients across the college including faculties, student recruitment, and corporate service areas. The scope of practice for the role is wide, and the work has direct and significant impact on the college’s brand and reputation.
The Marketing Specialist operates within set campaign marketing budgets, plans and projects to align with objectives, and works with vendors to maximize the use of available campaign budgets. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing relationships with internal clients, providing communication, oversight and collaboration in executing marketing strategies, ensuring alignment with the college’s branding, marketing, student recruitment and retention, and business goals, objectives and priorities, and visual identity guidelines.
The role is primarily responsible for projects related to brand awareness and positioning, student recruitment, student retention, and other college service areas. The Marketing Specialist participates in cross-functional, cross-college project teams to support these strategies, and has the primary responsibility for the execution of strategic marketing plans and ensuring the tactical plans achieve the campaign goals and objectives.
Relationship Management (30%)
Collaborate with internal clients throughout the college to identify marketing needs and objectives, advise and execute appropriate marketing strategies, and communicate results.
Marketing Activities (60%)
Manage and execute marketing plans for divisional and institutional marketing campaigns, advertising (print, online, out-of-home, radio, displays, etc.), promotions and sponsorships to achieve college objectives and reach defined target audiences.
Write, edit, and oversee production and placement of advertising, collateral, promotional items, and advertorials in various digital and print media.
Build creative briefs and plans for each marketing project, which include budget guidelines, timelines, approval processes, production, and post-implementation evaluation, and manage the successful execution of these projects.
Monitor, report on, and recommend actions on campaign performance results to plan.
Work with external agencies and vendors to develop plans, receive estimates, quotes, and book marketing and promotional activities such as advertising space, collateral, printing, distribution, etc. related to the execution of campaigns and initiatives, as required.
Work with Brand and Creative Services in the design and execution required to fulfill marketing campaigns, advertising and promotion strategies as appropriate for internal and external audiences across print, out-of-home, online, electronic, and other mediums, including but not limited to collateral, brochures, publications, signs, programs, booklets, webpages, emails, advertisements, radio spots, etc.
Assist with college recruitment and student events such as career fairs, Open House, conferences, training sessions, and convocation, etc. as required.
Communication and Consultation (10%)
Contribute to the development and implementation of marketing processes and procedures to ensure effective and efficient workflow, improve communication and enhance working relationships.
Participate in communications and market planning in support of the college business plan goals.
Attend regularly scheduled meetings with Team Lead, department, and division to discuss, prioritize, and review work, set performance plans, and review performance.
QUALIFICATIONS:A university degree or college diploma related to marketing, communications, or related business field. Related experience with training and professional development may be considered for equivalency.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in developing and executing effective marketing plans in a large, multifaceted organization. Experience in an educational institution is an asset.
- A solid knowledge of, and experience with, developing multi-channel marketing strategies including print, online (search, social, display, email), out-of-home, radio, events, and sponsorships applicable to the audience, goals, and objectives of the strategy.
- Exceptional copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong working knowledge of design theory, and the production process to ensure high-quality execution of marketing activities. Graphic design/creative development experience using the Adobe Suite is an asset.
- Proven experience using project management and change management practices to manage the implementation of marketing plans.
- Understanding and ability to use effective evaluation methods to assess success of marketing efforts and improve future marketing endeavours.
- Ability to communicate in a constructive and productive manner, expressing complex ideas succinctly, and suitable for varied target audiences including senior-level clients.
- Team player with a strong client-centred service approach – must demonstrate transparency and collaboration to working with clients and team members.
- Must be able to take initiative and have strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously.