Marketing & Sponsorships Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 2nd Apr, 2019
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field combined with 3 – 5 years of progressively responsible management roles — equivalencies may be considered.
- Superior knowledge of digital marketing in planning, implementation, and measurement.
- Advanced business writing and marketing communication planning experience
- Experience in sponsorship program development and marketing in a not-for-profit environment.
- Contact Name
- Denise Wadel
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- May. 15, 2019
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for an external relations and marketing expert who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. You need to be able to work independently as well as collaborate with an agile team of diverse specialists and have a desire to develop policy and lay groundwork in this new position. You’re an expert with external relations, sponsorships, and public relations, and focuses significantly on APEGA’s partnership and sponsorship portfolio. You are committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety—then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together, we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and professional geoscientists of Alberta.
This position will help shape APEGA’s emerging brand presence and external relations portfolio and is a key position that will play a critical role in support and execution of APEGA’s external relations strategy. The Marketing & Sponsorships Manager will focus significantly on APEGA’s partnership and sponsorship portfolio, as well as external marketing, advertising, and public relations initiatives.
- Lead the development of external relations, marketing, and sponsorship activities for APEGA to strengthen its external profile
- Develop and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders and vendors
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the creation of external relations strategies, including media relations, public relations, and government relations
- Develop and activate customized sponsorship packages with universities, outreach organizations, and other potential partners that provide APEGA with optimal and unique branding experiences
- Develop, implement, and evaluate external marketing and advertising plans
- Oversee the development of marketing and communication materials in support of external communications initiatives
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director, Communications to ensure seamless messaging and delivery between member and externally focused communication activities
Skills & Attributes
- Strong professional judgement, tact, and diplomacy to positively contribute to APEGA’s reputation and brand
- Thorough understanding of different communication tools and products (e.g., digital, print), such as media relations, social media, print and graphic design, digital advertising, branding and reputation management, and marketing
- Expert knowledge in marketing best practices with a broad understanding of marketing and public relations strategies
- Extensive experience in sponsorship program development in addition to creating a sponsorship inventory and valuating assets
- Extensive experience in marketing in a not-for-profit environment
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at HR@apega.ca.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.