MULTIMEDIA DESIGN LEAD
Posted/Last Revised: 6th Jun, 2019
- Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
- Contact Name
- Scott Channon
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 14, 2019
The Edmonton Chamber (Chamber) is the official voice of business in the Capital Region. With thousands of business and corporate members, we are one of the largest chambers in Canada and among the most influential business organizations in the country. The Chamber fosters and supports the business environment in the Edmonton region through advocacy to all levels of government, education and support opportunities, and connection to local and business communities.
As a member of the Chamber’s Communications Team, the Multimedia Design Lead plays a central role in sharing the Edmonton Chamber story and value proposition with our membership, the local business community, and third-party stakeholders. Through graphic design, video and digital platforms, you will be responsible for creating the assets that will be used in a variety of mediums. We’re looking for someone who is organized, passionate and enthusiastic about all things visual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Drawing on proven multimedia design skills, this position is responsible for the following:
- Creation of visually engaging graphics, collateral, video and marketing assets to support the Chamber’s ongoing mission to fully engage our membership and provide the best possible member experience.
- Responsible for website development, maintenance, updates and migrations.
- Facilitate the creation, optimization and production of marketing and communication assets including webpages, digital and print ads, sales collaterals, videos, etc.
- Develop graphics and other media content showcasing member businesses, Chamber activities, products and service offerings.
- Ensure brand assets are aligned and current.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of member engagement plans and tactics, event promotions, venue promotion and advocacy through continuous, collaborative dialogue with all members of the Chamber’s teams.
- Contribute to the organization’s social media activity calendar to facilitate engagement and growth of the Chamber’s social media audiences.
- Assist in the production of member, events, advocacy and facility focused content for the Chamber’s full communications portfolio including website, e-newsletter, and social media channels.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Lead and/or Director to create rich media content showcasing member businesses, Chamber events and the Edmonton Chamber’s Advocacy and Outreach messaging.
- Provide and assess campaign analytics and user engagement data pertinent to the Chamber’s various strategies.
- Provide support to the Marketing and Communications Lead.
In-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and/or Premiere Pro, as well as WordPress.
- Knowledge of Web content editing process, methodology and tools.
- Ability to shoot and edit video for use on web and social.
- Established portfolio of work.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and collaboratively, creating effective solutions to various marketing and design challenges.
- Understand the importance of branding and know how to be creative within associated parameters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism. • Proven relationship development skills.
- Effective time management skills, a keen eye for detail, and solid organizational skills.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with ease.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively use current and emerging digital marketing and communications tools and technologies.
- Experience using CRMs, particularly ChamberMaster considered would be an asset.
- Can-do attitude and a team player. The successful candidate will need to be flexible in order to accommodate our events schedule as they can occur outside of regular business hours.
Post-secondary diploma or degree with a minimum 3-5 years of experience in web/graphic design and/or marketing, ideally in a member and/or events centric environment.
Reimbursement for work-related out of pocket expenses.
- Monthly cell phone allowance.
- Participation in Chamber’s RRSP matching program.
- Full Chamber benefits package.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Member discount programs offered by Chamber.
- May require background and/or police information check.
- No telephone inquiries, please.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume, in PDF format, to Scott Channon, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org