Posted/Last Revised: 26th Aug, 2020
- Yellow Pencil
- Edmonton or Vancouver
- Educational Req.
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field or comparable accreditation is an asset but not necessary
- 4+ years experience in web or application development, or a related field
- Strong familiarity with PHP
- You should have deep expertise in at least one programming language
- You should have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- You have some experience with Git or other version control systems
- Ability to work in multiple projects and manage multiple tasks with minimum or little supervision
- You should have excellent communication skills
- Experience communicating with clients one-on-one, in groups, and in writing
- Contact Name
- Blair Sitar
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 31, 2020
We are looking for a full-time Developer.
We are looking for someone who gets excited about using technology to craft impactful solutions to public sector challenges. You’ll be working in PHP frameworks like Laravel and Drupal to architect robust systems. We’re not going to tell you what to do – we’re counting on you to figure out the real problem and how to solve it. You’re someone who’s not afraid to ask questions or pipe up with new ideas.
You’ll need to be confident in your development practices as well as your troubleshooting and debugging skills. You’ll also need to get familiar and comfortable with our Git workflow, and be able to push code and configuration through to multiple environments. You don’t believe in band-aid solutions.
As our next developer, you’ll be joining either our Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC office.
- Build and maintain scalable web applications with PHP
- Integrate applications or sites with third party libraries or APIs.
- Work with our UX team to define requirements and plan project architecture
- Work with our managed application services team to support deployments
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to solve problems and make things better
- Work with a wide range of web services to display static and dynamic content
Think you’d be a good fit? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org