Posted/Last Revised: 28th Feb, 2019
- Champion Petfoods
- Contact Name
- Brandon Hoffner
- Contact Phone
- (587) 525-6991
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 30, 2019
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Production Artist to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being trusted by pet lovers worldwide. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth, and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would like to hear from you.
The Production Artist will be responsible for typesetting design layouts and resizing Champion’s marketing materials in over 30 languages. These projects will include packaging labels and international marketing pieces for print and digital purposes. The production artist will work closely with the translation coordinator and graphic designers when executing projects to ensure content accuracy and adhere to brand standards. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, the Graphic Designer will demonstrate the ability to multitask and problem solve with acute attention to detail. The Creative Graphic Designer works out of our corporate office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Creative Director.
- Lead the graphic execution of all translated graphics required for Champion’s international markets
- Typesetting translated ingredient panels and labels on packaging designs
- Resizing and adjusting marketing material layouts (collateral, ads, posters, etc) to integrate translated copy
- Apply style/brand guides to existing distributor & retailer marketing materials.
- Work collaboratively with members of the marketing team to ensure content is accurate and on brand
- Technical ability to make files press ready for print and have a working understanding of layout for print and web
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and priorities with very short timeframes and under high pressure
- Although the job is technical in nature there may be opportunities for creative input and design exploration.
- College or University degree or diploma in Graphic Design or a related field of study.
- 2-3 years of experience in the Graphic Design/Marketing field in a production role
- In-depth knowledge of design related software applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Strong understanding of typesetting, art and production terminology.
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles.
- Excellent personal initiative, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills between multiple levels and with diverse audiences.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from others.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design: layout, typography, colour theory and production processes.
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- Actively addresses issues/conflicts by offering solutions and escalating as needed
- Able to work independently as well as in an open office team environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required.