Senior Communications Specialist – Social Media Strategy – $75k+
Posted/Last Revised: 21st May, 2020
- Edmonton, Alberta
- $75,000.00 to $98,000.00 /year
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary education in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Business or equivalent subjects
- 5 years experience minimum in a fast-moving Communications environment
- Immaculate written English skills; bilingual skills in French are an asset but not required
- Patient, relentless, and skillful conversationalist with a raw determination to be heard; you listen well and find joy in spurring on intentional conversation
- Charismatic and creative writer capable of communicating multiple tones to cater to different audiences on different channels
- Proven ability to generate engaging, entertaining, objective-driven content, always considering visual on-brand aesthetic, voice, and tone
- Highly organized with an acute attention to detail to ensure all public messaging is accurate, compliant, consistent, and succinct
- Empathetic conflict management know-how and the ability to manage complex customer situations to ensure the best customer experience possible
- Expert-level proficiency with social media tools to utilize hashtags, optimize discoverability, amplify UGC, and maximize engagement
- Proven ability to leverage social media discussion and tactics to drive traffic and increase conversion rate
- Proven intermediate-level proficiency in analytical tools (Excel, Google Analytics etc.) to measure and report on the performance of social media tactics, track progress and reach targets, with a long-term vision in mind
- Professional and positive attitude
- Flexible schedule
- Contact Name
- Caroline Gault
- Closing Date
- Jun. 15, 2020
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
At GoodMorning.com we offer a unique work environment tailored to high-performing individuals who want to help build a business that competes on an international stage.
We place working with outstanding colleagues as our most prized office perk; we practice being open, honest, and efficient with our communication; we believe in offering top of market pay and benefits to attract the best and the brightest to work with us; we empower every employee with freedom and responsibility; and we deliver relentlessly customer-centric products that drive phenomenal growth.
As such we have built a team of exceptionally gifted and world-class people, who compete and win against some of the smartest eCommerce minds.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and thrive in an environment where those opinions are vigorously tested, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Senior Communications Specialist – Social Media Strategy – $75k+
“Maximizing Engagement and Inspiring Brand Love”
This will be your guiding mantra when you:
- Drive the reputation of our brands, products, and company
- Obsess over how to improve the customer experience
- Collaborate with your teammates to ensure complete alignment with strategic objectives
- Concisely document, in as few words as possible, best practices for communications channels
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Driving the reputation of our brands, products, and company
- Executing strategies that facilitate discussion and increase user engagement across social media platforms by amplifying interactions with online assets
- Coordinating the planning, development, deployment, and performance measurement of communications assets (copy, imagery, video, social posts, etc.)
- Nurturing relationships with customers, fans, and influencers to build GoodMorning.com’s thriving community and improve brand sentiment
- Maximizing brand discovery by identifying social media discussion opportunities to inject our products, messaging, and story
- Working closely with the influencer marketing team to coordinate influencer product and content, and distribute assets cross-functionally
- Owning, analyzing, and reporting on the success of channels
- Documenting and disseminating best practices to increase mastery of communications channels
- Publicly interacting with customers via offsite channels to enhance a positive customer experience, including events and activations
- Working with the advertising team to identify and capitalize on organic-paid opportunities
- Working with teammates to continuously develop and execute comprehensive communications strategies and brand voice
- Consistently meeting deadlines and operating within budgets
- Maintaining cutting-edge industry knowledge that will push the company into new territories
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Subsidized parking
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked office kitchen
- Travel subsidy
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
GoodMorning.com is one of Canada’s largest independent mattress retailers and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements
- Include examples of social media accounts and/or campaigns you’ve managed in the past
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent