Senior Creative Copywriter
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2021
- Bitcoin Well
- Educational Req.
- Certificate or Diploma in Design, Visual Communication Studies or Graphic Design
- At least 3 years of direct work experience as a Graphic Designer
- Proficient in the use of the Adobe suite of products and other applicable tools
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles
- Solid design and conceptual skills
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from leaders
- Effective deadline management and project management skills
- Able to identify, select, and coordinate vendors for printing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders and/or content owners
- Ability to analyse and interpret user requirements
- Some experience supervising and training junior staff
- Strong interpretive skills to analyse technical information and create illustrations
- Budget management skills for the production of digital or traditional media.
- Ability to develop print specifications
- Experience creating workflows and work schedules
- 3 + years experience in direct work experience as a Graphic Designer
- Innovative and like a good challenge, you are able to brainstorm new ways to engage with our community
- Risk-taker who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with no ego. Willing to do whatever it takes
- Strategic thinker who stays up-to-date on current best practices.
- Brilliant problem solver capable of smashing through barriers that present themselves
- Passionate about introducing society to the most important asset in our generation
- Contact Name
- Karen Smola
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2021
About the role:
Our Senior Creative Copywriter will be responsible for shaping the tone, voice and creative direction of the Bitcoin Well brand. They will write advertising copy that builds off the brand image and develops a strong narrative for our mission. The Copywriter will be expected to write about our services as well as the larger bitcoin and Fintech sector, in an informative, concise and easy to understand style. This role will work with the CEO and Director of Marketing as part of the creative team, to lead educational campaigns and new sales initiatives. The Copywriter will be responsible for producing ad copy, educational content, press releases, newsletters, speeches, talking points, articles, social media content and other communication pieces. This role will also develop content for the technology arm of our business, Ghostlab.
- Set a standard tone, voice and style for the Bitcoin Well brand as well as Ghostlab.
- Once a style guide is set for each brand, uphold the creative approach for all future projects and internal/ outward communications
- Produce advertising copy and other materials such as press kits, fact sheets, direct mail, sales promotions, print and web advertising, templates, speeches, podcast scripts newsletters, manuals, articles, blogs, email & social media campaigns, newsletters, web or app content, internal marketing messages and other corporate communications
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams or find external sources to collect information
- Proofread, edit, and write a variety of materials resulting to effective integration between the vehicle, environment and message while maintaining brand voice
- Create ideas that produce the desired reactions from key audiences
- Collaborate with production, marketing, and development teams to ensure project completion to deadline and budget
- Study and analyze the assignment in regards to innovation, product development, potential competition, target group and previously used mediums for the same or similar assignments
- Build an understanding of assignment through testing and research
- Take part in all final design and execution meetings that deal with the assignment
- Study and track the success of launched assignments or ad campaigns
- consolidate team feedback and make adjustments to existing copy as required
- Organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Stay current and maintain a library of industry news and reference materials
- Review all copy using checklist applicable style guide
- Perform checks for questionable details and proactively flag industry concerns
- Stay current on copyright and plagiarism legislation and regulations
- Make recommendations for process improvements and more effective methods and mediums
- Bitcoin Well has been making bitcoin accessible and understood since 2013. We are 8 years old in an 8 year old industry with our nation-wide Bitcoin ATM network, our website offerings and in-person consultations out of corporate HQ in Edmonton. We are growing exponentially and are looking for team members to help us continue to impact and disrupt the legacy finance market. We are excited to continue growing our marketing team and need a fearless leader. Consistent with the Bitcoin Well culture, this leadership role requires you to be excited to roll up your sleeves alongside your team, modeling excellence and coaching growth.
- Experience in technology (more specifically Bitcoin) startup environments
- Desire to change the world
Why Bitcoin Well?
- Aggressive medical benefits including:
- Physical Wellness
- Mental Wellness
- Health Spending Account
- Regular team events with the best team members you’ll ever work with
- Employee Shares and Options Plans
- A kitchen full of snacks and drinks to keep you energized
- Paid volunteer days and donation matching to local charities
- Bitcoin matching program
- Bitcoin denominated salary options
- Explosive industry revolutionizing the way society interacts with money
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply with confidence.