Senior Graphic Designer
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2021
- Educational Req.
- 4-6+ years of experience in a fast-moving Creative environment
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design or a related field
- Possess a deep passion for brand and visual communication
- Proficient in graphic and web creative asset production
- Proficient in Adobe CS and other creative tools
- Proficient in animation and HTML5 advertising
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of marketing and communication strategies and how targeted design can fulfill business needs
- Critical thinker and tenacious problem solver
- Strong multi-tasking skills; highly organized
- Professional and positive attitude
- Contact Name
- Monica Gault
- Closing Date
- Jul. 30, 2021
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits means we attract the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
As a Graphic Designer at GoodMorning.com, you can expect to design:
- Attention-grabbing and impactful digital advertising assets that drive traffic
- World-class visual identities that inspire desirability and curiosity
- Distinctly branded graphic, photo, and animated assets designed to sell
We are looking for a highly disciplined, results-driven Senior Graphic Designer, who sweats the details and wants to deliver the best asset for the given objective.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate. Under AHS guidelines, this position will be temporarily remote.
- Creating engaging, impactful, and thoughtful design solutions that meet project requirements
- Executing a wide variety of design projects from conception to delivery across GoodMorning.com’s multi-brand portfolio, including: brand and logo design, digital and traditional advertising, promotions, onsite and offset visual assets, email marketing, product and packaging design, iconography, illustrations, and animations
- Designing in a fast‐paced environment to produce a high volume of pixel-perfect, error-free assets that achieve the given objectives
- Collaborating with content writers, digital designers, videographers, and photographers
- Ensuring all customer-facing assets adhere to visual identity standards and best practices
- Ideating concepts, refining designs, and improving templated graphics
- Planning product and lifestyle photo/video shoots and assisting on set in our purpose-built studio
- Retouching, colour correcting, cropping, and exporting web-ready photo assets
- Ensuring all print design files are press-ready and web design files are optimized for digital
- Reviewing the work of your colleagues to ensure high quality
- Delivering design work on time, within budget, and in accordance with project and company objectives
- Understanding advertising rules and regulations and ensuring all visual assets are compliant
- Driving for ever-more efficient ways of getting things done
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Great compensation
- A fully-equipped in-house production studio
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- RRSP Matching (125%, up to $10,000)
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
- Include a cover letter, resumé, and portfolio
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.