Posted/Last Revised: 28th May, 2021
- Critical Mass
- Within Alberta and British Columbia
- Educational Req.
- Own the scoping, definition, execution, and optimization of SEO strategies for a major US financial and banking institution
- Pitch and implement new SEO projects and service offerings
- Represent the Search practice within the agency, serving as a strategic SEO thought leader, entrepreneur, and advocate
- Use search data (in conjunction with other research sources) to understand user intent, drive content strategy, and identify business opportunities for clients
- Conduct regular SEO audits and competitive analyses
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to incorporate SEO strategies and best practices
- Effectively convey SEO concepts and strategies to both clients and colleagues in a concise, meaningful, and easy-to-understand manner
- Develop frameworks and reports to systematically track and improve search performance
- Advise on technical SEO best practices and opportunities
- Define search-driven guidelines and requirements for page content, copy, page speed, accessibility, indexability, structured markup, site architecture, URL structure, page titles, meta descriptions, headings, anchor text, internal linking, site maps, etc.
- Align paid and organic search strategies to reduce costs while maximizing key business activities
- Define success metrics and translate SEO results to business objectives
- Merchandise success stories and sell the benefits of new search projects
- Keep current with the latest digital trends to identify potential applications for clients like speed, voice search, AI, machine learning automation, omnichannel search optimization, and more
- 7-10 years of search experience, ideally with multiple websites
- Excellent business acumen and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong Local SEO/Google My Business management experience
- Experience with Yext and Conductor, or similar SEO tools
- Experience managing and organizing projects, with an eye for the details
- Strong content strategy skills, ideally with experience in data-driven content creation
- Strong presentation skills with an emphasis on crafting compelling visual stories in slide format
- Demonstrated achievements in systematically improving search rankings that translated into traffic growth and conversions
- Strong understanding of technical SEO and the web development process
- Experience managing large-scale website migrations and redesigns
- Strong analytical skills, and experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Adobe Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
- Experience driving both paid and organic search strategies and the integration of both
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving digital environment, leveraging new tools and techniques to gain a competitive edge
- Site speed analysis and improvement experience
- Experience managing paid search, PPC, or SEM campaigns ideal, but not required
- Contact Name
- Corrine Bell
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 31, 2022
The SEO Lead will join an expert team of holistic minded search marketers. You’ll use search insights to craft data-driven digital strategies that demonstrate a deep understanding of our clients’ overall businesses. You will identify and lead opportunities to drive performance through content strategy, user experience, and a strong technical foundation. You will own the scoping, pitching, definition and execution of our SEO strategies, including performance tracking, reporting, and continuous improvement. You know how to unlock the stories found in data that can drive opportunities in a competitive and fast-paced environment, and you have a passion for optimizing exceptional site experiences.
*The successful candidate may work within Alberta or British Columbia.