Social Media Coordinator
Posted/Last Revised: 28th Nov, 2019
- The Brick
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Communications or relevant workplace experience considered an asset
- Previous proven experience in social media, online advertising and content creation
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
- Photography experience considered an asset
- Experience with graphic design programs (ie; Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Well versed in social media with the ability and passion to pursue/explore new platforms
- Proficient with social media management applications for scheduling & reporting
- A deep understanding of bloggers, influencers and brand ambassadors
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks and employ excellent time-management skills
- Is a self-starter, able to work independently but demonstrate collaboration and a team player attitude
- Creative problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Exceptional writing skills with an ability to proof, edit and write engaging content
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to work under pressure with constant changes and deadlines
- Contact Name
- Meghan Murray
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 11, 2019
Would your friends say you’re addicted to social media and constantly looking at your phone? Would they describe you as the dreamer of the group? Do you perfectly stage “in the moment” photos for Instagram? Do you have a passion for retail?
If yes, then you are perfect for this position. Reporting to the Social Media Manager, this position will play a key role in the execution of all social media marketing and communications initiatives.
You will achieve success in this role if you are creative and dynamic, a team player with a strong sense of urgency, high attention to detail and superior verbal and written communication skills. Projects will include planning, coordinating, executing and analyzing various social media marketing activities and objectives, while thinking outside of the box to come up with creative content ideas.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team, on a social media strategy that aligns with the company’s current business goals.
- Create social media calendars in accordance with our content pillars to increase organic reach and engagements.
- Dream up creative ideas for digital content and work with different production teams (photography, graphic designers, video) to bring those ideas to life.
- Work with bloggers and brand ambassadors to create content and external social posts that are on brand, look amazing and relates to our company initiatives.
- Attend internal and external events with a high level of professionalism both during the day, as well as outside of office hours, to capture and promote those events on social media
- Assist in scheduling, planning, execution and tracking of creative campaigns, internally and with our outside vendors in various channels
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends in retail and have the ability to grasp future trends and act proactively
- Design posts to sustain readers curiosity and create buzz around new products
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers like promotions contests, awareness campaigns, ect.
- Assist with studio photoshoots when needed and being comfortable on camera
- Coordinate product orders for #MyBrickHome catalogue and assist with creative planning and website execution
- Coordinate/manage Franchise social media accounts with new software platform
- Assist with proofing blog articles
- Understand company CSR and charitable objectives to create and coordinate with internal teams and execute for social content
- Thinking outside the box for Instagram story content to increase viewership
Social media is all about storytelling. Submit your cover letter and resume in a compelling & creative way to showcase your love for social media directly to firstname.lastname@example.org