Social Media Strategist
Posted/Last Revised: 7th Oct, 2019
- Top Draw Inc
- Contact Name
- Darrell Kryskow
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-9993
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Oct. 31, 2019
Top Draw is searching for an energetic and knowledgeable Social Media Strategist to work out of our downtown Edmonton office.
Managing our social media team, you develop holistic strategies and deliver on compelling tactics designed to grow our clients’ businesses. Quick thinking, leadership abilities and digital knowhow are vital parts of the role.
The day-to-day role
- Shape strong social media strategies that meet and exceed clients’ business objectives
- Champion our social media team and provide direction and mentorship to our Social Media Community Manager
- Monitor the social landscape for clients and identify opportunities for growth
- Develop engaging content, editorial plans and realistic timetables across all channels: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Tiktok, Snapchat and YouTube
- Manage multiple campaigns in various stages of launching and running (paid and organic)
- Prepare and present insightful client reports on social media results
- Recommend and leverage emerging online platforms to analyze data and conversations
- Work with the Top Draw team to maintain a thriving internal social media presence
- Post-secondary education in marketing, advertising or business
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, with 2+ years experience in a social media role
- A proven portfolio of social media management and community building
- Strategic knowledge of business concepts to identify social media opportunities
- Experience managing intermediate and junior social media team members
- Excellent G Suite proficiency
- Advanced communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven time management and organization abilities
- A passion for creativity, advertising and agency life
Nice to have
- Agency experience
- Marketing certifications in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Analytics or Hootsuite
- Avid subscriber to industry thought leaders and news sources
About Top Draw
25 years in the making, we’ve been doing digital marketing long before it hit mainstream. As one of the leading specialized agencies in Edmonton, Top Draw helps local and national clients gain exposure and expand their reach with measurable results.
We leverage best practices, promote continual learning and always encourage digital evolution through our work. Role ownership, career growth and shared momentum: These are just a few of the benefits of joining our team.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- An extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time
- Free downtown parking
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free coffee, snacks and beverages
- Professional development support (courses, workshops, conferences, networking)
- Summer events on our rooftop patio
- A creative, friendly place to work with an amazing team of experts to learn from
To get a better idea of our culture, check out Why You Want to Work at Top Draw.
Click ‘apply’ to send us your resume, cover letter and references. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no telephone calls.
Submit Your Application
Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for taking the time to submit a resume, and will contact all shortlisted individuals for an interview.