Storyteller, Marketing & Communications
Posted/Last Revised: 5th Feb, 2019
- Poppy Barley
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Educational Req.
Who You Are:
- Post-secondary degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing required. Diploma or continuing education in digital media considered an asset.
- At least 2-5+ years relevant professional experience in communications, digital storytelling and/or social media.
- Experienced email marketer, including strategy, copy and list segmentation – and a love for email analytics.
- Great writing (including impeccable spelling and grammar) and editing skills are a must.
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing and social media channels.
- Experience in creating a communications strategy to drive business objectives and brand resonance.
- Highly conceptual with the ability to see the big picture, but also have a keen eye for execution and detail.
- A master at telling stories and love to craft impressionable narrations.
- A risk-taker who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment.
- A team player and have a “no task is too small attitude.”
- A strategic thinker who likes to stay up-to-date on current best practices.
- Flexibility in schedule including attending events in the evenings and responding to social media on the weekends while using our flex time agreements to take time off during the week.
- Your Instagram account (personal or professional) is a beautifully curated reflection of your life and stories that matter.
- You have an appreciation for the Poppy Barley brand, what we stand for and understand who our customer is.
- Contact Name
- Jane Sevick
- Closing Date
- Feb. 12, 2019
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley is the only Canadian brand to disrupt the retail industry by creating a new footwear category that caters to modern life and human priorities. We deliver exceptional products at an exceptional price point to people with big expectations of themselves and the products they buy. We want luxury without the artificiality or preposterous prices of high fashion.
People are the core of everything we do. By prioritizing product excellence, inspiring connections and believing in business for good, we make retail human. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, experiment, have an impact and raise the bar together.
We’re building something bigger, together.
The Storyteller is the voice and mastermind behind Poppy Barley’s communications strategy. You’ll conceptualize, create and execute a content strategy that drives business and aligns with company priorities. With a focus on copywriting, editing and social media management, you’ll tell stories that contribute to brand resonance which in turn drives store and ecommerce growth. You’ll create meaningful content and think creatively on how to grow the Poppy Barley brand.
What you’ll do:
- Create and implement a communications strategy across all brand pillars, including our e-commerce and retail experiences, owned and paid marketing channels, and other customer touchpoints.
- Ideate, strategize and write compelling copy for marketing campaigns, advertising materials, social channels and community management, customer experience, physical and digital product, e-commerce, retail, internal communication and more.
- Create and execute the overarching Poppy Barley social media strategy, along with day-to-day management and monitoring of all social media accounts.
- Work closely with other teams (including creative, product, UX and marketing) as well as other stakeholders throughout Poppy Barley to ensure cross-functional integration and strategic implementation of the Poppy Barley voice.
- Drive email marketing strategy with your love of actionable copy, subject-lines and engaging copy.
- Be obsessive about measurable results relishing in creating KPIs to measure objectives and outcomes.
- Create the visual direction for the Poppy Barley brand across all social media channels, including working with freelance photographers. Assist with creative direction and logistics (selecting model, booking hair, makeup, etc.)
- Passion for understanding audiences – you love identifying what makes audiences tick and delivering meaningful content with a focus on impact.
- Spearhead and evolve the Poppy Barley brand voice, and research new content related strategies to help grow the Poppy Barley brand.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter on why you are the strategic storyteller we are looking for (feel free to get creative!) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to personal and professional social media accounts and portfolio demonstrating relevant experience.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be contacting qualified candidates upon application submission.