Posted/Last Revised: 16th Jul, 2021
- Top Draw Inc.
- Contact Name
- Darrell Kryskow
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 26, 2021
Top Draw is searching for a forward-thinking and motivated Strategist to join our team. If you’re looking to evolve your career at a growing digital marketing agency, we’d love to meet you.
As our Strategist, you’re a master at transforming our clients’ business and marketing goals into compelling digital communications, content, website, and social media strategies. With a proven ability to research and analyze, you can distill data, stakeholder interviews, and human psychology into impactful insights. With a big-picture perspective, you get to the core of a marketing problem, delivering and implementing plans that grow brand awareness, clicks, and conversions.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and is keen to build on them.
- 3+ years experience in a strategy and/or marketing role
- Degree in commerce, marketing, communications or related
- Experience in strategic planning, development and managing the implementation of strategic marketing campaigns and communications
- Experience in user based research, analysis and positioning
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing practices
- Understanding of basic branding and brand strategy principles
Assets we would like you to have:
- Outstanding strategic thinker and doer
- Strong verbal communicator and presenter
- Equal parts creative and analytical mind
- Proactive problem solver
- Accountable and motivated worker
- Friendly and team-driven collaborator
- Passionate marketer tapped into the latest trends
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of website information architecture (IA) development and user experience (UX) strategy
- Experience in researching and developing content/communications strategies
- Track record of delivering large-scale digital campaign strategies
Your day-to-day duties include:
- Determine research requirements for project scope and strategic objectives
- Conduct thorough research to fully understand each client’s company, industry, customers and business goals; this may include audience identification and validation, persona development, competitive analyses, etc., through stakeholder interviews, questionnaires, independent research and analysis
- Employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze online data and provide recommendations
- Analyze research and determine positioning opportunities for clients brands, campaigns, content, and digital marketing
- Create strategic plans for marketing projects; recommending opportunities for channels, tactics and implementation based on user needs and marketing goals, identifying gaps
- Utilize varying research techniques and reporting tools to communicate data and insights
- Presenting research findings, analysis and strategies to clients
- Collaborate with the Account Manager and strategy team in creation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client
- Translate all relevant information to production teams through milestone handoffs and reviews, and ensure adherence to the strategy throughout the project
- Continue to further the critical strategy at Top Draw by researching and/or implementing new tools and best practices
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Our office is three blocks from the LRT and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Unlimited coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Dog-friendly Fridays at the office
- Professional development support (Certifications, Workshops, Conferences, Classes)
- Opportunities for networking and public speaking
- Lunch-and-learns to keep you informed on the latest digital marketing trends
- Rooftop patio! Work and get a tan at the same time!
About Top Draw
At Top Draw, we evolve brands by knowing what’s next. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, our marketing agency has shaped award-winning and strategic marketing, websites, online advertising campaigns, and social media for over 27 years. Our growing team is conveniently located just outside of the downtown core, where parking is free and many great restaurants are only a short walk away. Here are just a few more reasons why you want to work at Top Draw.
With an innovative and creative culture, we pride ourselves on offering an open and welcoming environment for both staff and clients. If you’re looking for a career where you’ll be rewarded, recognized, and valued for your achievements, look no further.
Top Draw offers a very attractive health and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, our team is currently working remotely.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to apply. This job posting closes on July 26, 2021.