Posted/Last Revised: 10th Jun, 2021
- Top Draw Inc.
- Contact Name
- Darrell Kryskow
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-9993
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2021
Top Draw is looking to add a creative UI/UX Designer to work out of our downtown Edmonton office!
The UI/UX Designer is responsible for delivering exceptional user experience and engaging user interface designs on customer projects. They will be responsible for understanding and implementing production vision to deliver functional, seamless, creative and brand-aligned designs across a range of digital platforms.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and is keen to build on them.
- 3 years UX/UI experience
- Diploma or degree in graphic design, industrial design, multimedia design or related field
- Solid portfolio of successful user-centered designs work
- Experience creating responsive designs with cross-browser compatibility and mobile optimization
- Ability to create polished visual designs using Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of the constraints and opportunities of designing for mobile and the responsive web.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes using Figma, Adobe XD and other prototyping tools
Assets we would like you to have:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical aptitude with the ability to think out of the box
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Keen eye for detail
- Self-starter with good organizational skills
- A team player first, with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A passion for learning and acquiring new knowledge
- Excellent team player; supportive, collaborative, and service oriented
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS
- Experience with modern libraries and frameworks, such as Angular, React, Express, Django, Rails, Vue etc.
Your day-to-day duties include:
- Under the direction of the Production Manager, design custom web pages and UI elements, aligning strategically developed IAs with creative output
- Create designs based on provided briefs
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Strategist informing IA to ensure creative alignment throughout the project
- Provide clean, unique and modern layouts and make required changes as necessary
- Identify user stories and end user workflows
- Structure websites to form intuitive and comfortable to users flow of information
- Produce information architecture and task-flow diagrams
- Build storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Translate wireframes and experiences into highly polished visual composites with a user-centered design methodology
- Coordinate with Web Development team to create and implement a polished and fluid interface and ensure UX alignment in front/backend of sites being designed
- Develop and provide design assets such as typefaces, type styles, colors and images
- Touch base with developers to ensure they have the materials they need
- Provide final design proofs to assigned Account Managers
- Ensure UI/UX standards and best practices are being utilized in the design of websites
- Pass work through the Art Director for vetting. Follow through on any changes or direction provided
- Support the Art Director in the completion of production tasks
- Source imagery
- Create visual assets
- Lay out content for internal and external documents
- Maintain working file backups as well as detailed documentation
- Creating and document design specifications
- Act as an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
- Keep up to date on trends and best practices
- Conduct regular research on current and projected state of best UI/UX practices
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Unlimited coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Doggy Policy
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for public speaking
- Lots of lunch and learns to keep you informed on the latest digital marketing trends
- Rooftop patio! Work and get a tan at the same time!
About Top Draw
Top Draw is a digital agency providing excellence in all aspects of online communications. Our growing team is conveniently located just outside of the downtown core, where parking is free and many great restaurants are only a short walk away. Here are just a few more reasons why you want to work at Top Draw.
We pride ourselves in offering an open and welcoming environment to both staff and clients that fosters innovation and creativity. As part of our team, you will be exposed to and involved in all aspects of online marketing while supporting the day to day production needs of the company. If you’re looking for a career choice where the sky’s the limit and your contributions will be valued, look no further.
Top Draw offers a very attractive health and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done.
***Due to the current Covid-19 situation, our office is closed and we are working remotely.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to apply.