User Interface (UI) Designer – Marketing
Posted/Last Revised: 19th Jun, 2019
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Educational Req.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in web or digital/UX design with one to three years of experience with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Cute FTP and Sublime.
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive principles with SEO and accessbility expertise with a passion for creating impactful digital experiences
- Self-motivated learner with a commitment to explore emerging trends, tools and technologies related to all digital communications.
- Ability to thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills with experience communicating effectively with management
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at http://www.ab.bluecross.ca. Please provide your resume and cover letter along with a portfolio showcasing your work.
- Contact Name
- Marisa Ford
- Contact Phone
- (780) 498-7382
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 31, 2019
At Alberta Blue Cross, we do things a bit differently. Our vision, dedication to customer service and community leadership set us apart from the rest. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage for our members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans.
We are looking for a UI/UX designer with expertise to develop customer centric, concepts for our web applications. You’ll be part of an innovative, high-energy Marketing team and will work closely with our technical team to help create and deliver a best in class digital experience.
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for providing bold, clean, progressive design ideas and mock-ups to support Alberta Blue Cross’s digital experience initiatives. The ability to effectively prioritize work and implement solutions in a fast-paced environment within tight timelines is essential for success in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze business requirements to effectively create innovative storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, navigation layouts and standards-compliant user interfaces that meet brand, business, usability and accessibility goals.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the organization to produce best in class user-centred design solutions and present key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Document detailed style specifications connecting business and customer needs using your expertise, experience and eye for leading edge design to be provided to technical development teams
- Works with research and customer experience teams to conduct customer and competitor analysis to identify design problems and create blueprints for understanding and addressing customer needs and preferences using best practices and methodologies
- Utilizes analytics to build, monitor and report on KPI’s such as website traffic, load speed and behavior, providing insights for improvement
- Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate digital experiences, making strategic design and UX decisions related to core and new functions/features
- Be part of a team striving to deliver new and improve existing functionality of digital products/applications