User Interface (UI) Designer
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2020
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Educational Req.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in design, web development or digital/multimedia design.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience and portfolio demonstrating your work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive web principles.
- SEO and accessibility expertise.
- Self-motivated learner with a commitment to explore emerging trends, tools, and technologies.
- Ability to thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills with experience communicating effectively with management.
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please provide your resume and cover letter along with your portfolio showcasing your work and apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
- Contact Name
- Marisa Ford
- Contact Phone
- (780) 498-7382
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 8, 2020
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
We are looking for a UI designer with the expertise to design and develop customer centric web-based sites/applications. You’ll be part of an innovative, high-energy team and will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization to create and deliver a world class digital experience.
The successful candidate for this position will be capable of providing bold, clean and progressive fully functioning websites, design concepts and prototypes to support Alberta Blue Cross’s digital experience initiatives. The ability to effectively prioritize work and implement agile solutions in a fast-paced environment within tight timelines is essential for success in this position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyze business requirements to effectively create innovative storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, navigation layouts and standards-compliant user interfaces that meet brand, business, usability, and accessibility goals.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders across the organization to produce best in class user-centred design solutions and present key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Document detailed style specifications connecting business and customer needs using your expertise, experience, and eye for leading edge design.
- Work with research and customer experience teams to conduct customer and competitor analysis to identify design problems and create blueprints for understanding and addressing customer needs and preferences using best practices and methodologies.
- Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate digital experiences, making strategic design and UX decisions related to core and new functions/features.