Posted/Last Revised: 17th Jan, 2019
- Contact Name
- Nicky Seifert
- Closing Date
- Feb. 20, 2019
Marketing & Communications
Competition No.: 218330
Closing Date: Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
One of Alberta’s Top Employers for a seventh consecutive year, NAIT offers a wealth of personal and family health and well-being benefits, training and development opportunities to support the professional growth of our staff, access to recreational and leisure facilities, a welcoming and inclusive environment unrivaled in engagement and dynamism, and co-workers who are collaborative, respectful and supportive.
The UX Specialist is responsible for establishing and implementing best practices in all aspects of qualitative and quantitative User Experience (UX) research conducted by Marketing & Communications (M&C) to develop a deeper understanding of students, users and customers.
The UX Specialist provides insights to M&C department’s management and teams through usability studies and other research methodologies to validate design, content and interaction decisions for a variety of projects and initiatives. The UX Specialist will establish a UX library and research toolkit for the department.
Reporting to the Manager, Web and Digital Media, the UX Specialist assists with web governance implementation and project management. Development of a research approach and implementation of web content strategy will ensure web content continually meets the needs of NAIT target audiences, regardless of platform.
- Working knowledge and understanding of usability principles, content strategy, information architecture and navigation systems
- UX certification from a recognized institution or certification body is desirable
- Extensive knowledge and experience in user-centred methodologies, web accessibility, traditional and digital marketing and web analytics tools
- Oral communications skills to facilitate workshops and meetings with internal and external stakeholders, and internal team collaboration
- Written communication skills to prepare reports, presentations, policies, procedures and research collateral
- Flexibility to work in a change environment and adjust priorities in response to emerging customer needs and behaviours
- Ability to forecast trends and define strategic choices in response to business challenges the department and its clients may experience
- Serve as an advocate for internal and external end users seeking online information from NAIT or about NAIT
- Working knowledge of web analytic applications such as HotJar, Siteimprove, Optimizely, etc.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html