UX Web Designer
Posted/Last Revised: 27th Jul, 2020
- We Know Training
- Edmonton, AB
- Educational Req.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Unparalleled sense of design foundations and principles
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to craft beautiful websites, with strong understanding of user experience, testing, and data collecting
- Be able to defend your work, but also have no issues taking criticism
- Comfortable using CMS platforms (we use our own in-house built application)
- Stay on top of design trends and best practices
- Be a self-starter, able to recognize opportunities and take the initiative
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills, able to dive into a task with minimal direction
Nice to haves:
- Marketing experience (helping contribute to campaign ideas, knowing the ins-and-outs, etc.)
- Contact Name
- Stephen Tremblett
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Aug. 7, 2020
We Know Training is looking for a full-time UX Web Designer to join our Marketing team. We are a young company with a strong foothold in the online training industry, poised to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. Our Marketing team is an important piece of our growth plans, combining expertise in design, eCommerce, UI/UX, communications, copy writing, and paid digital advertising.
You have a strong understanding of optimization strategies, web analytics, and A/B testing. You’re obsessed with creating designs that optimize the visitor journey from the first landing page they touche to the order button. You never settle, you strive for continuous improvement.
You understand that a key component to great design is understanding your audience and delighting them at every stage of their journey. You always putting yourself in the visitor’s shoes, questioning whether it’s relevant enough, intuitive enough, interesting enough, and clear enough.
While you appreciate fearless creativity, you balance this with a focus on the bottom line. You understand that the designs you create ultimately drive sales, and are always thinking about ways to optimize and improve.
- Develop designs that drive business outcomes, you’ll be accountable for owning and driving our eCommerce websites
- Ensure eCommerce websites are customer-focused, intuitive, and flawlessly executed
- Gather feedback and insights, you have the ability to deeply understand and integrate customer needs and our business strategy into interactive web and mobile designs
- Champion a data-driven approach utilizing analytics, AB testing, and customer testing to inform design decisions
- Craft beautiful landing pages that help convert
- Maintain and iterate designs long after a website is live, constantly improving conversions and driving sales
- Contribute creative ideas towards marketing campaigns and other collateral
- Craft digital marketing pieces for pop-ups, emails, ads, and landing pages
- Design the occasional sales collateral such as, but not limited to, brochures, flyers, and eBooks
- Occasionally assist the Platform team with improving the interface and experience of our in-house LMS
- Work within established brand guidelines, but also contribute to evolving them with new ideas
Why We Know Training?
We Know Training is a full-service, go-to provider of credentialed online training. We offer everything needed to build, deliver, and distribute online training in regulated and public-serving industries. We are a fast-moving and growth-oriented company, with an aggressive 10-year outlook. Your teammates here will be creative, smart, and curious.
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program