Web Designer & Developer
Posted/Last Revised: 25th Oct, 2019
- Poppy Barley
- Educational Req.
- 5+ years of experience in a web designer and developer role.
- A proven portfolio of work in ecommerce that exhibits your process for solving design problems.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including XD, Illustrator and Photoshop (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated proficiency in mobile design best practices and UX/UI principles and patterns.
- Experience with version control systems (Git/SVN).
- Experience with Shopify and the Liquid template language.
- Experience with WordPress is nice to have.
- Experience with PHP is nice to have
- Passionate about simplifying complex problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Collaborative and open to feedback.
- Excellent organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Contact Name
- Daelan Wood
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Nov. 30, 2019
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley is a Canadian luxury brand that’s rethinking every step of the fashion industry—from design to factory relationships to shopping experience. Partnering with family-owned factories in Mexico and Brazil, we ethically craft polished, foundational footwear and chic, functional accessories—selling them at fair prices and donating 1% of sales back into our communities.
Our brand promise is to deliver “luxury for the people,” and we expect our shopping experience to do no less. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, have an impact and raise the bar together.
As Web Designer & Developer at Poppy Barley you will play a critical role in designing and building our ecommerce website into a seamless and engaging mobile-first user experience. You are a meticulous designer and developer with proven ecommerce experience who can address all functional design requirements of the sales funnel from homepage to product page to checkout. You’ll work closely with the team to create a pixel-perfect, customer-centric website on Shopify. What You’ll Do
- Design wireframes and on-brand mock-ups for mobile and desktop experiences.
- Design prototypes that showcase the user flow and interactions using your skills in Adobe XD (or equivalent).
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Technology and graphic design team to bring designs to life, providing expert knowledge on user experience design for ecommerce during planning sessions.
- Lead, support, and collaborate in planning, development, testing, and delivery/deployment of solid, structured, and standards-compliant web and mobile interfaces with JS, HTML, CSS & Liquid.
- Effectively convey design processes, ideas, and solutions to team.
- Leverage user data, analytics and business requirements to address usability issues.
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to core and new functions/features.
- Test, validate, and iterate your solutions throughout the design process.
- Assist in the migration of the current website from WordPress to Shopify.
- Document detailed style specifications to be provided for development and ensure the final design and interaction is as planned.
- Enhance our digital design system and contribute to a digital style guide to unify the system.
- Maintain and organize project files for shared use, including conceptual work, drafts and final artwork.
We do our best to take care of our team and want Poppy Barley to be your favourite place to work. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we provide:
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a fantastic team of talented individuals.
- The tools you need to do your job effectively. We will supply you with state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, and any software you require to succeed.
- A new Warespace located in Oliver, just West of downtown. The Poppy Barley Warespace is a newly built, open office layout with comfortable, shared spaces, meeting rooms for collaboration and privacy rooms to get focused in.
- Discounts on our products.
- Regular extra-curricular activities organized by our Committee of Fun!