Posted/Last Revised: 25th Jun, 2019
- Kick Point
- Edmonton, AB
- Negotiable, based on experience
- Contact Name
- Dana DiTomaso
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 31, 2019
Are you a developer?
We’re looking for a developer to join our team to help us build websites and create a quicker way to perform regular maintenance. Another key part of this role is Google Tag Manager (GTM) implementation — please only apply if you are willing to become an expert in GTM within the next six months, or if you’re already an expert!
Things you will do (or are ready to learn to do):
- Custom WordPress and Shopify projects
- WordPress projects using GeneratePress
- Website audits (for site speed, SEO issues, etc)
- GTM implementation
- Troubleshooting bugs
- Project planning (including accurate estimations)
- Direct client communication (email and phone)
You will be involved in projects far beyond lines of code. You will work with designers and strategists to do client research, set goals, create website blueprints (comprehensive sitemaps), set up content curation tools, develop testing plans, perform testing, fix bugs, launch websites, and monitor website performance.
We build time into our schedules for ongoing learning, but you’ll likely be more successful if you wear your dev hat for personal projects too in order to further your learning and keep your skills fresh.
- Opportunities to attend conferences
- Support if you want to speak at conferences
- Comprehensive health benefits, including an additional health spending account
- Generous vacation policy (tell us what will help you do your best work and we will go from there)
- Option to work from home as needed (why should you leave your house when it is minus 40!?!)
- Collaborate with a supportive, experienced team
- Our office is above Boston Pizza on Jasper Ave (cactus cuts!!), is freshly renovated AND includes our very own bike rack