Web Development Project Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 10th Jun, 2021
- Top Draw Inc.
- Contact Name
- Darrell Kryskow
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-9993
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2021
Top Draw is looking to add an experienced Web Development Project Manager to work out of our downtown Edmonton office!
The Web Development Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing web projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and in line with client objectives and quality standards.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and is keen to build on them.
- 5+ years project management experience in a digital agency
- Post-secondary qualification in IT, Business or Management field
- Experience managing website development projects
- Experience gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Understanding of user experience, design, development & SEO
- Knowledge of project management methodology and techniques
- Knowledge of best practices with respect to website development and performance
- Understanding of how to bridge the needs of design, development, and clients
- Experience using a project management tool
Assets we would like you to have:
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Effective communication skills to effectively coordinate internal and external stakeholders and translate complex technical information into simpler terms.
- Flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities
- Organized; Ability to multi-task and manage several project elements simultaneously
- Ability to visualize the big picture while also not missing out on the smaller details
- Attention to detail to ensure a high level of quality and adherence to budgets and timelines
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative to develop self
- Passion for producing innovative work
- Continuous improvement mindset. Contribute to process improvement to fit project and client needs
Nice to haves:
- Certifications (or working towards): PMI- ACP, PMP, Scrum Master
- Experience with Kanban, Agile, or other project management frameworks
- Background in design or web development background
Your day-to-day duties include:
- Lead multiple client website and web solution projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Coordinate internal teams and external resources to ensure completed projects meet customer needs and quality standards
- Requirements Management
- Elicit, gather, analyze and document business requirements
- Decompose business requirements into clear and unambiguous functional and non-functional requirements for use by the development and design team
- Define and manage project scope and develop a work breakdown structure
- Manage changes to project scope and schedule
- Communicate change requests to project team
- Facilitate project planning and update meetings to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Prepare estimates, statements of work and project schedules for project work
- Identify potential project issues and risks. Analyze and develop plans to mitigate risks
- Manage Budgets
- Prepare budget based on project scope and resource requirements
- Monitor expenses and implement cost-saving measures
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Identify resources needed for project execution
- Source and manage external parties
- Assign resources effectively. Flag and address any potential resource shortfalls
- Develop and execute user acceptance test plans
- Oversee QA of all completed projects
- Monitor project progress and ensure tasks are on track
- Develop detailed project management plan to track progress. Ensure key milestones are reached
- Track project performance using predefined KPIs and techniques. Adapt as needed
- Prepare project status reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Create and manage project timelines, with flexibility to accommodate demanding clients, uncertain technology, and tight deadlines
- Maintain the understanding of both technical and creative visions of projects to ensure quality objectives are met
- Conduct project post-mortems to identify project successes and areas for improvement.
- Maintain all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Collaborate with other team members to or independently solve complex project problems and find creative solutions which help clients realize their objectives
- Explore, share, and implement new processes, tools, frameworks, and strategies to improve project management, quality management, and internal strategy
- Keep informed of technologies and best practices in web development
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid week of vacation over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Unlimited coffee, snacks, and beverages
- Doggy Policy
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for public speaking
- Lots of lunch and learns to keep you informed on the latest digital marketing trends
- Rooftop patio! Work and get a tan at the same time!
About Top Draw
Top Draw is a digital agency providing excellence in all aspects of online communications. Our growing team is conveniently located just outside of the downtown core, where parking is free and many great restaurants are only a short walk away. Here are just a few more reasons why you want to work at Top Draw.
We pride ourselves in offering an open and welcoming environment to both staff and clients that fosters innovation and creativity. As part of our team, you will be exposed to and involved in all aspects of online marketing while supporting the day to day production needs of the company. If you’re looking for a career choice where the sky’s the limit and your contributions will be valued, look no further.
Top Draw offers a very attractive health and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for motivated people who can get the job done.
***Due to the current Covid-19 situation, our office is closed and we are working remotely.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to apply.